What information does Canes Canada collect?
Canes Canada maintains a detailed record of the purchases that you have made with our company. Should you shop with Canes Canada either in-store or on-line, we will store any information that you provide to us that will be relevant to supporting your wardrobe needs including your personal contact information. Canes Canada will collect personal information that you have voluntarily provided to us. We may also collect personal information from you when you make on-line purchases including your name, e-mail and postal addresses, phone number(s), encrypted credit card information, and product interest information.
Why does Canes Canada ask to collect your personal information?
- To ensure that you’re personal wardrobe needs are looked after.. Select in-store customers who choose to additionally shop on-line will also be contacted after delivery to ensure that purchases meet expectations.
- To improve service delivery. It allows us to guide potential gift givers in the right direction in terms of your style, size and other preferences. However, we will not disclose any specific personal information to any third party in this regard without your consent.
- To purchase your on-line orders and to answer questions regarding the status of such orders.
- To keep you informed about Canes Canada’s events and promotional opportunities. However … at this time we keep it to TWO times yearly. I hate Junk Mail most people are like me. So we keep it to TWO Times Max that we contact you via email /phone.
A http cookie is a piece of text stored on a user's computer by their web browser. A cookie can be used for authentication, storing site preferences, shopping cart contents, the identifier for a server-based session, or anything else that can be accomplished through storing text data.
A cookie consists of one or more name-value pairs containing bits of information, which may be encrypted for information privacy and data security purposes. The cookie is sent as a field in the header of the HTTP response by a web server to a web browser and then sent back unchanged by the browser each time it accesses that server.
Cookies may be set by the server with or without an expiration date. Cookies without an expiration date exist until the browser terminates, while cookies with an expiration date may be stored by the browser until the expiration date passes. Users may also manually delete cookies in order to save space or to avoid privacy issues.
Most modern browsers allow users to decide whether to accept cookies, and the time frame to keep them, but rejecting cookies makes some websites unusable.
- The Disclosure of Personal Information
Canes Canada will not sell, rent or disclose to third parties any personal information we collect, except as described herein or as you otherwise consent. In the normal course of business Canes Canada may disclose some information with our service providers and suppliers, third party systems support specialists who are contracted to keep our systems operational. Each of our service providers and suppliers are contractually bound to protect the confidentiality of our customer information and may only use such information for the purposes of performing services on our behalf. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us in the manner set out below.
- In addition, when required by law, we must provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid enquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required by law. We may also disclose personal information to assist us in collecting a debt owed by you to Canes Canada.
- How Canes Canada protects your Privacy
Canes Canada is committed to ensuring that your personal information is kept secure. Canes Canada only keeps “ANY” personal information we collect about you strictly confidential. We use administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration and destruction of the personal information we have about you. Access to your personal information by Canes Canada representatives and associates is strictly limited to a need-to-know basis. Canes Canada associates receive special training regarding privacy protection and are made aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information. All computers on which personal information is stored are password protected.
Your Privacy Choices
You may withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information (excluding purchase history information) in the manner provided herein or at the time of collection at any time (subject to legal obligations and on providing us reasonable notice) by contacting the Canes Canada Privacy Officer at the contact number or e-mail address provided below. Please be aware that withdrawing your consent may prevent us from providing you with the communications and services that we currently make available to you.
Verifying and Amending your Personal Information
If you need more information
To obtain additional information on our privacy policies and procedures, please contact our Privacy Officer at 403 217 8091 or by e-mail at PrivacyOfficer@CanesCanada.com